What should we do if the ultrasonic metal welding machine fails?
What should we do if encounter a failure of the ultrasonic metal welding machine? Any instrument and equipment will have some minor problems. When we encounter equipment failures, we should not panic, and calm down to analyze the causes of the failures, so that we can take corresponding measures. Next, let's investigate the causes of heat, whistling and overload of the ultrasonic metal welding machine.
Trouble 1, the ultrasonic metal welding machine has a heating phenomenon
The welding head will have a certain degree of heat during work, which is caused by the mechanical loss of the material itself and the heat conduction of the weldment. The standard for judging whether the welding head heat is normal is that when there is no load (that is, not touching the workpiece), the ultrasonic wave should be continuously emitted for more than half an hour, and the temperature should not exceed 50-70°C. If heat is experienced, it proves that the welding head is damaged or the material is unqualified. Need to be replaced.
Trouble 2: Howling occurs in the ultrasonic metal welding machine
When whistling occurs when the welding head is working, the following reasons should be analyzed:
1. Whether the installation screws are loose;
2. Whether the welding head has cracks;
3. Whether the welding head is in contact with objects that should not be touched.
Trouble 3: the generator of the ultrasonic metal welding machine issues an overload alarm phenomenon
When the generator issues an overload alarm, it should be checked according to the following steps:
1. No-load test. If the working current is normal, it may be that the welding head is in contact with objects that should not be touched or the parameter adjustment between the welding head and the welding seat has failed.
2. When the no-load test is abnormal, first observe whether the welding head is cracked and whether the installation is firm, and then remove the welding head and perform no-load test again to rule out whether there is a problem with the transducer + horn, and eliminate it step by step. . After eliminating the possibility of failure of the transducer + horn, replace the new welding head for judgment.
3. Sometimes the no-load test is normal but not working normally. It may be that the internal sound energy components such as the welding head have changed, resulting in poor sound energy transmission. At this time, the hand touch method can be used. The amplitude of the normal working welding head or horn surface is very uniform when it is working, and the hand feels velvety smooth. When the sound energy is not transmitted smoothly, there will be a feeling of bubbles or burrs on the hand. It is necessary to use the elimination method to eliminate the problematic parts. The same situation can occur when the generator is abnormal, because normally, the input waveform of the transducer should be detected as a smooth sine wave. This phenomenon can also occur when there are spikes or abnormal waveforms on the sine wave. At this time, another pruning acoustic energy component can be used to replace it for identification.
Contact Person: Ms. Hogo Lv