The Principle Of Ultrasonic Metal Welding
Ultrasonic welding does not require melting the surfaces of the materials to join them. Instead, it applies high-frequency vibration to two metal workpieces that need to be joined, the two metal workpieces are placed between a "welding head" and an "anvil", and the lower workpiece is "grabbed" by the teeth on the anvil. And fixed in place, the frame drives the welding head to press down the workpiece until the upper and lower workpieces are in close contact and pressed.
Then the welding head vibrates at a high frequency in the horizontal direction to generate vibration energy to remove surface contaminants and other coatings on the joint surfaces of the upper and lower workpieces. The friction created by the vibrations cleans up any unevenness in the joint, creating a clean, continuous weld area that allows atomic energy to spread across the joint and freely diffuse to the other side. When the vibration is stopped, this free diffusion of atoms recrystallizes into a fine-grained structure comparable to cold-worked metals. The entire welding cycle is completed in a fraction of a second.
High-quality ultrasonic metal welding equipment produces strong welds between larger metal components and conductors, bus bars and wire harnesses.
Advantages of ultrasonic metal welding process:
1. Suitable for all kinds of non-ferrous metal materials
2. Establish a permanent metallurgical bond between dissimilar metals
3. No melting required - no change in chemical or metallurgical properties of the material
4. Ideal for welding highly conductive alloys; material reactivity does not matter
5. No intermetallic compounds, particles or reactions that cause corrosion
6. Ideal for joining thin and fragile metal films and structures
7. Multiple control methods enable process customization, high repeatability and statistical process control
8. Low energy input (energy consumption 30 times lower than fusion or resistance welding); no consumables
9. The total cost is lower than other welding processes
Contact Person: Ms. Hogo Lv